Tuesday, 11 November 2025

Cambodia.

Today’s journey was from Bangkok, Thailand to Siem Reap, Cambodia with Air Asia which is the local equivalent of Ryanair, and tends to get a lot of criticism , mostly from people who do not read the terms and conditions about what is and is not permitted. I found the staff to be very friendly especially the baggage drop off. 

The flight was uneventful and we only spent about 45 minutes actually flying and my inflight meal of Thai Basil Chicken was very nice, although I did find that the extended leg room seats are a lot tighter fit than what I’m used to in Europe.

Siem Reap’s relatively new airport seems very large for the amount of flights it actually receives, so I expect they are anticipating growth but I was through immigration and baggage reclaim in under 20 minutes which I think its a record for me.

I arrived far too early to check in, but my luggage was stored for me, and I waited by pool reading my book on Angkor Wat while drinking a Gin Fizz. There are worst ways to spend a Tuesday lunchtime.

My Gin Fizz
The pool
It also began to rain.
Spelling out my name with leafs and petals was a lovely touch, just in case I forget who I am.

After a quick shower and a quick and very loud thunder storm I headed back down to the pool to cool off.
I stayed in the shallow end, sitting on a ledge. It was bliss, and I was the only one using it for most of the time.




1 comment: