Monday, 24 November 2025

Kuala Downpour.

My flight from Ho Chi Minh City was uneventful, although getting through Vietnamese immigration and security control took a bit longer that I was used to. Fortunately I suspected that this would be a time consuming process so I arrived earlier than my usual 2 hours. Check in on the other hand was a breeze as I  had selected the premium bells and whistles ad-ons to the flight. For the grand sum of £53.43 I got speedy checking, checked bags, a small but rather delicious Bukhara Chicken Biryani, as well as my favourite emergency row seat (as well as the actual flight) .Also my bags were the first of the baggage reclaim which was nice. I did chuckle when the helpful Air Asia assistant mentioned how much I look like Santa Claus…

We flew over the Mekong Delta, was rather cloudy over the Gulf of Thailand and flew over Port Dickson and the shipping tankers in the Straights of Malacca into Kuala Lumpur International Terminal 2. This is the low cost terminal used by Air Asia and was very clean, and I must stay rather empty. The time it took me to get through the airport nearly lasted as long as my flight. But most annoyingly I had to use the e-gate, so no Malaysian passport stamp. Boo ! I had already changed my left over Vietnamese Dong at HCMC, and now was the time to change my left over Thai Baht. I had tried to do this in Siem Reap but due to the border skirmishes it was impossible to do so. No problem in Malaysia so now I have some rather colourful Malaysian Ringit.

My first full day in Malaysia, and it’s raining. So no open top bus tour for me today. However Kuala Lumpur like Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook (as well as Springfield) all have a monorail, so I travelled on that, and it was rather fun.
An actual Monorail.
Another Monorail.
It did rain quite a lot.
Through the mist you can make out 1 of the Petronas Towers.

It was a this point that I got a little peckish, so I returned back the shopping mall near my hotel. They have lots of differing food outlets as well as a food court. I opted for the Sweet and Sour Fish with Rice.
It was great. Roughly £2.50. I will be eating at the mall again.
The weather forecast. I have bought an umbrella, also at the mall.

1 comment:

  1. Not so lucky with the weather in Malaysia, though it should be warmer than here.

    ReplyDelete